-= Eccentrically Orange =-

Weird ramblings of an orange dragon...

Monday, January 08, 2007

Power of songs...

Ever come across songs that just hit you?

Songs that you've been hearing for ages, and never get any feeling or kick out of it till one day... BAM! It strikes you, and the words that used to not have meaning suddenly appear so real?

Well, I won't say that this is a rare occurrence for
me... since I do experience songs that seem to have so much meaning (most of them are in church, so those are spiritual songs. XD ) but its rare to find one that's in our mainstream media. I'll cut all the rest out and just name the song in question that I'm referring to...

If I Were You by Hoobastank.

Here, I'll pick an excerpt from their song if anyone (I doubt it) doesn't recall what's the song.

So what's it going to take for you to realize
it all could go away in one blink of an eye?
It happens all the time...

*shrugs* I've been hearing this song for like... ages. I don't even remember when was the first time I heard it... or even how old this song is. Hey, it may not even be -that- long... All I know is that it was sometime last year.

But the thing is... it's been playing and playing on Mix FM and I didn't take notice of it... Till last week, when I was driving around looking for peeps to interview for my job. I dunno why I especially took notice of the song during that day, or what drove me to find the lyrics and then get the MP3. Only thing is, it was then that it struck me...

How often do we take things for granted? Life? Freedom? Heck, even a proper meal and a roof over our heads. Most of the time we going around complaining about stuff (like me and the internet last week, when I should more concerned over the deaths of those poor peeps in Taiwan). Reason for this sudden reflection is because, in the course of my job, I found out what exactly is happening in Kota Tinggi, one of the places hit by the flood two weeks ago.

Think massive bankruptcy and also Super Duper Mega Year End Sale. Shoppers will delight in the fact that things were being sold for sometimes, 5% or less of their original price. Expensive branded sunglasses or glasses frame... Usual price - RM 5XX. Now - RM 10.99*! Expensive branded jeans/clothings... Usual price - RM 60 to RM 90. Now - RM 5.99*! Or perhaps that expensive Reebok shoe that you've been eyeing for ages... now it's just RM 2.99*!




*all goods are slightly wet, with some staining and the smell of mud

Yep. Shoppers paradise. But when you look at the other end of the spectrum... It's not that great of a happy picture. Shop owners losing few hundred k cause their stocks of goods got submerged and is now destroyed. Entire households destroyed financially because of the loss of jobs. Or heck, what about important documents that were kept in the local banks? Your birthcert/PMR/SPM/Uni/Passport... All gone. Not to mention being forced to stay in the halls of a school and knowing that your house is probably underwater and being ransacked by some unscrupulous peeps... And to make things worse - eating whatever the aid organizations want to provide for you.

Not a very fun time at all... x_x;

All because of 3 days of non-stop rain. Heck, you may even laugh at the next part... even the local KFC is shut down indefinitely. They don't even know when they can reopen the shop because all their stoves, ovens and whatnot were washed -out- of the store.

Going back to the songs and looking back, well, all I can say is thank God that nothing of that sort had happened to me, or my family. God has been good to me, for that I'm thankful. I just have to be more appreciative of the 'hidden' blessings that I have. Especially those which I do not know about... (like having whomever that's still reading this as friends. =p Even though you guys are so damn far away...)

So my friends... Don't be depressed. Don't feel that life sucks (I can already hear Jon's voice. x_x; ). Think of the betters things in life that you possess. Think positive! Not easy since I'm trying to myself and I know it's hard, but I'm sure life won't be such a dreary place anymore if we do.

New motto!

God is Good, All the Time. (We just don't see it most of the time... XD)

Now I just have to convince myself that that statement is true. X3 Oh well, till next time.



Random video of the day!

Well, if you're interested, and I know that the internet is slow... here's a Youtube video of the song 'If I Were You'.









2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home